Festival Line Up
With international artists, this festival celebrates a diversity of talent, and many performers return for a third time. Below is the 2017 festival line-up:
- Deanna Bogart (US): This award-winning multi-instrumentalist, bandleader, singer and songwriter combines the best of contemporary blues, country and jazz into a fearless blend she calls “blusion.”
- AJ Ghent (US): AJ takes the sound of sacred steel and forges it into an electrifying mix of rock, soul and blues.
- Denise Gordon (UK): With a range of jazz, gospel and blues, Denise returns to her Nevisian roots for another performance at the Nevis Blues Festival. Notably, Denise has performed at the Buckingham Palace for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee.
- Simon McBride (UK) Since appearing at the festival in 2016, this Belfast-born guitarist has toured Europe, playing at an array of big venues including the Kremlin Palace.
- Ian Siegal (UK): Bringing his voice and talent straight from the British Blues Awards Hall of Fame, Ian is returning to the Nevis Blues Festival for his third year.
- The Rhythm Chiefs (NL) These boys started a band at age 12, and the rest is history! This tight-knit group now leads the American & blues scene in Holland.
- Ben Waters (UK): Ben has toured or recorded with some key players in the music industry, including The Rolling Stones, Ray Davies, Chuck Berry, Jools Holland, Jerry Lee Lewis, Bobby Womack, Mick Hucknall, Paul Weller, Dave Gilmore, Dave Stewart (and many more).
One-night tickets are US$45. Buy your tickets here.
Music lovers can also save the date for June 22-24 for the 21st Annual St. Kitts Music Festival, featuring the chart-topping Dancehall artistes Shabba Ranks, Jah Cure, Mavado and renowned American Rock band Goo Goo Dolls.
Stay at Nisbet Plantation
The only thing better than a night of blues is a day of “liming it” at Nisbet Plantation. For special rates for ticket-holders, email our Reservations Manager Leonora or call us at 869-469-9325.