In 2017, U.S.-based Tiffany and Chad of Virginia made the promise of a lifetime to one another along the Avenue of the Palms. As they approached their one-year anniversary this past November and with plans to return to the resort to celebrate, they took their love one step further. The happy couple chose to make their love for Nisbet Plantation permanent – with the resort’s longitudinal and latitudinal coordinates tattooed on their arms.Read More
“Nevis? Hmm I have no idea where that is.”
While you may have heard of the Caribbean island of Nevis, like many, you might not know where it is. Here is some information about Nevis that might help you plan your next visit:
- Nevis is part of the dual-island nation, St. Kitts and Nevis, situated between the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea.
- St. Kitts (SKB) offers many flights from North America and the UK. Nevis is 2 miles southeast of St. Kitts and you will arrive by ferry or private boat from St. Kitts.
- The two islands are separated by a shallow 2 mile channel called “The Narrows”.
- We are the smallest sovereign state in the Western Hemisphere, in both area and population.
- The British Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are to the northwest; Montserrat is to the south.
- English is the predominant language and we are willing to help you make any arrangements for your visit.
- We are a cone shaped island with the volcano, Nevis Peak, at the center.
- Our unspoiled island is 36 square miles with no buildings higher than two stories.
Can you find us?
Celebrate the joys of this year’s festive season at Nisbet Plantation!
You’ll find The Great House halls decked with wreaths and bows, and lights glowing from the Christmas tree!
Trade in the snow for sand and your sweaters for swim suits, as you escape the stresses of the holidays.
At Nisbet, we invite you to join in on any of the special festive activities we have planned for you and as always come feel perfectly at ease.
The Ultimate Engineer
If you know Chet, then you know “he is your man!”
Wayne Perkins, better known by his nickname, Chet, is one of the longest standing members of Nisbet’s staff along with his brother, Dan. Chet has been working for the resort for 34 years! A member of the engineering team, he has seen all changes at Nisbet over the years, and knows every pipe and wire on the property.