The very best of blues, soul, funk and blues-rock are coming back to Nevis. We are excited to share that the second annual Nevis Blues Festival will be held April 14 – 16, 2016. Beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea set the scene for you to live in the moment as you tap your toes and find your groove.
Festival Line Up
With local, regional and international artists, this festival celebrates a diversity of talent. Below are the 2016 performers:
- Ian Siegal: Bringing his voice and talent straight from the British Blues Awards Hall of Fame, Ian is returning to the Nevis Blues Festival for his second year.
- Kirk Fletcher: Widely considered one of the best blues guitarists in the world, Kirk is known for his funky grooves and guitar riffs.
- Simon McBride: With undeniable guitar artistry and a fine voice, this Belfast-born star has a true knack for creating memorable hooks and melodies.
- Denise Gordon: With a range of jazz, gospel and blues, Denise returns to her Nevisian roots for another performance at the Nevis Blues Festival. Notably, Denise has performed at the Buckingham Palace for the Queen’s Golden Jubilee.
- The Rhythm Chiefs: These boys started a band at age 11, and the rest is history! This tight-knit group now leads the American & blues scene in Holland.
- Denny Ilett: With talent spanning from jazz, blues, big band and gospel, this skilled UK artist learned his trade in New Orleans.
- Northsyde: The powerful combination of this Janis Joplin-inspired husband-wife duo rank these guitarists among the UK’s finest blues-rock talent.
- Rehabilitation Band Impression: Impression is a band from the music education project in St. Kitts prison. The festival supports Operation Future, a charity that educates the island’s youth about the dangers of crime and drugs and also supports the rehabilitation of those who have been imprisoned.
On the final night, we’ll celebrate the most influential instrument of the modern era: the electric guitar. Simon McBride, Kirk Fletcher, Dusty Ciggaar, Denny Ilett and Jules Fothergill will all perform, showing off their unique stylistic approaches.
One-night tickets start at US$45, and three-night tickets start at US$135. Buy your tickets here.
Stay at Nisbet Plantation
The only thing better than a night of blues is a day of “liming it” on our beach.
For special rates for ticket-holders, contact reservations at 800-724-2088 or directly at 869-469-9325.